Translate

Saturday 12 May 2012

HOW I BEGAN WRITING..

I had lived just around 9 years on the surface of our planet and had already completed 3 poems..actually when i look back now, they were..ummmmm..more of 'stoems'..they were lengthy alright, but very close to my heart..since they were my very first work.

It was the year 1999 back then. I being a little girl took them and showed them to someone i looked up to, only to hear, "YOU CAN'T DO IT. MOREOVER, IT'S NOT EVEN YOUR AGE YET TO WRITE POETRY". I hid my work from everyone, never letting anyone even touch the notebook it was written in. I had stopped writing..

Years rolled away..i lost friends and even made a few..lost once in a life time chances..learned life's lessons usually the tough and teary way..changed schools..and life went on..

Then one day, my class teacher all of a sudden says, she wants a write up for the school magazine from me and after almost 8-9 years I put pen to paper and wrote down my 4th poem in one go, titled. 'Remembering A Friend' in the memory of a friend I left behind in my previous school.

But I call 'Remembering A Friend' my first poem cause the ones i wrote back then are probably down the drain somewhere or maybe between the layers in the recycled paper that lays on your or even my desk at the moment cause I threw Them 6 years ago..pleading never to write ever again..But now after 1 published  poetry book (http://www.flipkart.com/2-u-me-8179702413/p/9788179702413?pid=9788179702413&_l=rNOfRA_2s1pRNn46QI4BxA--&_r=TaVca32qOR6YoajaeXOFHg--&ref=6d7de4fa-e885-4540-b610-41a98d256c72) and 2 almost complete novel scripts, i've pledged never to stop writing even if my creativity ceases to sell!! I will respect my creativity and not let anyone take it away from me!!

http://www.facebook.com/PoetryByMe

No comments:

Post a Comment